Last summer I spent a couple of days on Kitt Peak with a crew filming a shot documentary. The series is called Unsung and looks at hardworking people behind the scenes who may not get all the glory, but who make things run smoothly.
This short looks at Mike Hawes, Kitt Peak’s facilities manager. I think they did a nice job capturing his job in about seven minutes. Their timing was good as the 2.1 meter telescope’s secondary mirror was being recoated giving them lots of good things to shoot.
Yeah, escorting film crews is a cool part of my job!
- Morning Planets
- Stars Over The Moonlit Desert
- Moon Dogs In Tucson
- A View of the Lunar Eclipse From Tucson
- Perseid in Hawaii
- The Crescent Moon, Mars and Mercury
- April 4th Lunar Eclipse
- Jupiter and the Full Moon and a Quick Timelapse
- Come Lovejoy From Kitt Peak
- Quick Comet Lovejoy Pics
- A Colorful Sunset Animation