Moon Dogs In Tucson
Last night I got home and noticed a couple of Moon dogs in the sky so I ran in and got my camera. Fortunately, I was fast enough and they were still there.
Moon dogs are the same phenomena as the more common Sun dogs. Moon dogs are more rare since the Moon just isn’t as bright and you need a fairly full Moon to get them. They are usually dimmer than Sun dogs and usually appear white. In the pics I took, the exposure was long enough to see a little color.
It was nice to finally photograph Moon dogs!
No comments yet.
- Morning Planets
- Stars Over The Moonlit Desert
- Moon Dogs In Tucson
- A View of the Lunar Eclipse From Tucson
- Perseid in Hawaii
- The Crescent Moon, Mars and Mercury
- April 4th Lunar Eclipse
- Jupiter and the Full Moon and a Quick Timelapse
- Come Lovejoy From Kitt Peak
- Quick Comet Lovejoy Pics
- A Colorful Sunset Animation