Today is the equinox which means the day was close to 12 hours long (atmospheric refraction adds a few minutes…check the length of today for your city!) It was also a nice evening in Tucson as the first cold front of the season moved through. A nice night to photograph sunset. First a wide shot of the setting Sun.
Here is a weak mock (superior) mirage breaking off the top of the Sun.
Here is a slightly stronger mock mirage.
As the Sun set, the colors started to change.
Culminating with a nice green flash that was easily visible to the naked eye as well.
No comments yet.
- Morning Planets
- Stars Over The Moonlit Desert
- Moon Dogs In Tucson
- A View of the Lunar Eclipse From Tucson
- Perseid in Hawaii
- The Crescent Moon, Mars and Mercury
- April 4th Lunar Eclipse
- Jupiter and the Full Moon and a Quick Timelapse
- Come Lovejoy From Kitt Peak
- Quick Comet Lovejoy Pics
- A Colorful Sunset Animation