A Sun Pillar From Tucson
Tonight after sunset we were treated to a Sun Pillar in Tucson. Sun pillars are caused by light reflecting off of ice crystals high in the atmosphere. I was out photographing sunset (weak green flash tonight) and was starting to put my camera away. I turned around to look west again and that’s when I saw the pillar. Glad I wasn’t in too big of a hurry to get out of there!
No comments yet.
- Morning Planets
- Stars Over The Moonlit Desert
- Moon Dogs In Tucson
- A View of the Lunar Eclipse From Tucson
- Perseid in Hawaii
- The Crescent Moon, Mars and Mercury
- April 4th Lunar Eclipse
- Jupiter and the Full Moon and a Quick Timelapse
- Come Lovejoy From Kitt Peak
- Quick Comet Lovejoy Pics
- A Colorful Sunset Animation