Partial Lunar Eclipse Photos
I managed to get up this morning for the partial lunar eclipse. I didn’t try to get up and see the whole thing but just took a few photos near the maximum eclipse (in which Earth’s shadow covered about 38% of the Moon).
First picture is with my usual setup: a Canon Digital Rebel Xti and a 70-300mm zoom lens.
I also had my Galileoscope ready to go with a webcam attached (everything was set up in my living room the night before!) I snapped a few quick pics with it as well.
I didn’t stay up too much after this. The Moon was getting low in the sky and I would have had to go somewhere else to keep taking pics as it was about to go behind some trees and a building. Nice event and can’t wait for the next total lunar eclipse!
No comments yet.
- Moon Dogs In Tucson
- A View of the Lunar Eclipse From Tucson
- Perseid in Hawaii
- The Crescent Moon, Mars and Mercury
- April 4th Lunar Eclipse
- Jupiter and the Full Moon and a Quick Timelapse
- Come Lovejoy From Kitt Peak
- Quick Comet Lovejoy Pics
- A Colorful Sunset Animation
- More On Comet Lovejoy
- Here Comes Another Comet Lovejoy
- Seeing in the Infrared: The Seek Thermal Camera