Saturday Night Sights
Both of these pics merit a click to see the bigger versions. First up, sunset. I posted pics from last Sunday and you can see how much farther north the Sun is setting just shy of a week later. It is now north of Kitt Peak. You can see several domes and the distinctive McMath-Pierce Solar Telescope. The usual green flash has more than one color. What colors do you see?
Next up, the International Space Station made a very bright pass tonight. From Tucson, it passes through the upper part of Orion. This shot is my favorite of the evening.
The ISS is making evening passes over the continental United States the next few nights. You can look up when to see it where you live at Heavens Above.
No comments yet.
- Morning Planets
- Stars Over The Moonlit Desert
- Moon Dogs In Tucson
- A View of the Lunar Eclipse From Tucson
- Perseid in Hawaii
- The Crescent Moon, Mars and Mercury
- April 4th Lunar Eclipse
- Jupiter and the Full Moon and a Quick Timelapse
- Come Lovejoy From Kitt Peak
- Quick Comet Lovejoy Pics
- A Colorful Sunset Animation