My First Aurora Pictures
Living in Arizona, I don’t get to see the Aurora. It takes an exceptional solar storm to see the Northern Lights that far south.
Right now, I am at the Schoodic Education and Research Center at Acadia National Park in Maine. Northern Lights are more common up here. A reasonably strong solar storm hit yesterday and it was a wonderfully clear night. Right before I left on this trip, I got a new Sigma 10mm fisheye lens for my camera. That is a nice fast, wide angle lens that is perfect for capturing Aurora. So here is a sampling of the shots I got last night.
2 Comments »
- Morning Planets
- Stars Over The Moonlit Desert
- Moon Dogs In Tucson
- A View of the Lunar Eclipse From Tucson
- Perseid in Hawaii
- The Crescent Moon, Mars and Mercury
- April 4th Lunar Eclipse
- Jupiter and the Full Moon and a Quick Timelapse
- Come Lovejoy From Kitt Peak
- Quick Comet Lovejoy Pics
- A Colorful Sunset Animation