Just a quick post. May features four morning planets. I managed to see three of them this morning. Jupiter is the highest, Venus to its lower right, and Mercury still farther to the lower right. Here are two pics: first a wide angle shot then a close up taken with a 300mm zoom lens.
This morning gathering of planets is better seen from the southern hemisphere. I briefly discussed the reason for this in my previous post. The gathering continues for the next couple of weeks for early risers. Now to see if I can drag myself out of bed even earlier to catch Mars before it gets too bright!
No comments yet.
- Perseid in Hawaii
- The Crescent Moon, Mars and Mercury
- April 4th Lunar Eclipse
- Jupiter and the Full Moon and a Quick Timelapse
- Come Lovejoy From Kitt Peak
- Quick Comet Lovejoy Pics
- A Colorful Sunset Animation
- More On Comet Lovejoy
- Here Comes Another Comet Lovejoy
- Seeing in the Infrared: The Seek Thermal Camera
- Venus and Neptune
- A Night On Kitt Peak