Kitt Peak From Afar…
That’s Kitt Peak, over 50 miles away. And you can even make out some of the telescopes. Here, let me crop that and enlarge for you.
Now you can clearly see the large dome on the right. That is the Mayall 4 meter telescope. You can see several other smaller domes as well. Toward the left, you can see what looks like a little triangle. That is the McMath-Pierce Solar Telescope.
Since we are close to the solstice, the Sun is setting in the northwest. I will have to come back later in the year and try this shot when the Sun sets farther south. Might get some nicer colors or even silhouette the telescopes against the setting Sun. Look for that shot this fall/winter.
No comments yet.
- Morning Planets
- Stars Over The Moonlit Desert
- Moon Dogs In Tucson
- A View of the Lunar Eclipse From Tucson
- Perseid in Hawaii
- The Crescent Moon, Mars and Mercury
- April 4th Lunar Eclipse
- Jupiter and the Full Moon and a Quick Timelapse
- Come Lovejoy From Kitt Peak
- Quick Comet Lovejoy Pics
- A Colorful Sunset Animation