Jupiter Smacked Again!
Well, I haven’t had much time to blog recently (and June doesn’t look much better, but I will try) but this story is too good not to do a quick post on. Jupiter has been smacked again by something…a comet or asteroid. Again, it has been discovered by amateurs. First reported by Anthony Wesley and confirmed by Christopher Go, they each got video of the event. Here is a still from Wesley’s video.
Pretty prominent little bright spot there. You can watch the video here.
This just happened today, so it’s still a developing story…stay tuned.
UPDATE: The video has been posted to youtube, so here it is.
1 Comment »
- Morning Planets
- Stars Over The Moonlit Desert
- Moon Dogs In Tucson
- A View of the Lunar Eclipse From Tucson
- Perseid in Hawaii
- The Crescent Moon, Mars and Mercury
- April 4th Lunar Eclipse
- Jupiter and the Full Moon and a Quick Timelapse
- Come Lovejoy From Kitt Peak
- Quick Comet Lovejoy Pics
- A Colorful Sunset Animation