A Little Perspective From Mars
On October 3rd, 2007, they turned it around to look at Earth and got the following image (courtesy of NASA/JPL/and the University of Arizona).
Since Earth is closer to the Sun than Mars, you see Earth has phases just like the Moon. In fact they both have the same phase (the Sun is off to the right in this image). If you look at the full size image, you can make out the cost of South America. It also shows the relative sizes of the Earth and Moon nicely.
Sometimes we just need to see Earth from a different perspective.
1 Comment »
- Morning Planets
- Stars Over The Moonlit Desert
- Moon Dogs In Tucson
- A View of the Lunar Eclipse From Tucson
- Perseid in Hawaii
- The Crescent Moon, Mars and Mercury
- April 4th Lunar Eclipse
- Jupiter and the Full Moon and a Quick Timelapse
- Come Lovejoy From Kitt Peak
- Quick Comet Lovejoy Pics
- A Colorful Sunset Animation