Earth Hour: The Big Picture
Many people celebrated (and some derided) Earth Hour last Saturday night. Landmarks in major cities around the world went dark and people were encouraged to join in. I was at the U of Arizona Mall with my telescope at a star party. Here is an pic of the event (click to embiggen).
This week the Boston Globe’s Big Picture featured images from Earth Hour Around the world. Be sure to click on the images to see the cities go dark. It’s pretty interesting to see the differences.
No comments yet.
- Morning Planets
- Stars Over The Moonlit Desert
- Moon Dogs In Tucson
- A View of the Lunar Eclipse From Tucson
- Perseid in Hawaii
- The Crescent Moon, Mars and Mercury
- April 4th Lunar Eclipse
- Jupiter and the Full Moon and a Quick Timelapse
- Come Lovejoy From Kitt Peak
- Quick Comet Lovejoy Pics
- A Colorful Sunset Animation