Sunset and Planets From San Diego
I am in San Diego this weekend and finally got a chance to do a little photography. Sunset was up first from the harbor of course. While taking some pre-sunset shots, I got this nice one of the setting Sun with a bird flying across the field of view.
I kept shooting as usual. Much to my surprise, I got got a hint of a green flash at one point. I saw this visually as well as on the camera just as the left part of the Sun disappeared behind a tree lined hill.
I waited for it to get dark and walked out on a pier to get a pic of a couple of planets and Spica. A few people were sitting on the end of the pier making for a nice foreground. Spica is the lowest of the three bright ones, Mars is above it and Saturn is the top.
No comments yet.
Leave a Reply
- Alaskan Sunset
- The Planets Line Up, Comet PANSTARRS and a Globular Cluster
- A Helicopter at Sunset and the Triple Conjunction
- PANSTARRS Continues to Put on a Show
- The Triple Planet Conjunction of May 2013
- Coke Commercials Go South (of the equator, that is)
- A Spotty Sunset
- Comet PanSTARRS and the Andromeda Galaxy
- A Sun Pillar From Tucson
- Comet Lemmon
- Sunset and Moonset in Chile
- Comet PanSTARRS Gets Brighter