Partial Lunar Eclipse Photos
I managed to get up this morning for the partial lunar eclipse. I didn’t try to get up and see the whole thing but just took a few photos near the maximum eclipse (in which Earth’s shadow covered about 38% of the Moon).
First picture is with my usual setup: a Canon Digital Rebel Xti and a 70-300mm zoom lens.
I also had my Galileoscope ready to go with a webcam attached (everything was set up in my living room the night before!) I snapped a few quick pics with it as well.
I didn’t stay up too much after this. The Moon was getting low in the sky and I would have had to go somewhere else to keep taking pics as it was about to go behind some trees and a building. Nice event and can’t wait for the next total lunar eclipse!
No comments yet.
- Lovejoy Rising
- Star Trails Over Kitt Peak
- Air Glow Over Kitt Peak
- Green Flashes From Chile
- An Open Letter From Comet Lovejoy
- Comet ISON Brightens Rapidly
- Three Morning Comets: ISON, Encke, Lovejoy+the Beehive+a Meteor
- More ISON: Lovejoy meets the Beehive
- Venus and the Moon
- Green and Blue Flashes behind Kitt Peak
- Kitt Peak Sunset
- More Comet ISON and Comet Lovejoy Pics