Just a quick post. May features four morning planets. I managed to see three of them this morning. Jupiter is the highest, Venus to its lower right, and Mercury still farther to the lower right. Here are two pics: first a wide angle shot then a close up taken with a 300mm zoom lens.
This morning gathering of planets is better seen from the southern hemisphere. I briefly discussed the reason for this in my previous post. The gathering continues for the next couple of weeks for early risers. Now to see if I can drag myself out of bed even earlier to catch Mars before it gets too bright!
No comments yet.
- Lovejoy Rising
- Star Trails Over Kitt Peak
- Air Glow Over Kitt Peak
- Green Flashes From Chile
- An Open Letter From Comet Lovejoy
- Comet ISON Brightens Rapidly
- Three Morning Comets: ISON, Encke, Lovejoy+the Beehive+a Meteor
- More ISON: Lovejoy meets the Beehive
- Venus and the Moon
- Green and Blue Flashes behind Kitt Peak
- Kitt Peak Sunset
- More Comet ISON and Comet Lovejoy Pics