The Big Picture Hubble Advent Calendar
They fine folks at the Boston Globe are doing another Hubble Space Telescope Advent Calendar. It started yesterday will feature a different Hubble image each day until December 25th. Here is the first image
This is NGC 2818, a planetary nebula. It is star that ended its life and shed off its outer layers. Our Sun will end its life as a planetary nebula.
Be sure to check back each day for the new picture.
No comments yet.
- Seeing in the Infrared: The Seek Thermal Camera
- Venus and Neptune
- A Night On Kitt Peak
- The Zodiacal Light and Some Other Things
- Two Morning Comets
- The Crescent Moon and Uranus
- Supernova in M82
- Saguaro Star Trails
- Hunting the Horsehead
- Comet Lovejoy and the Hercules Cluster
- Lovejoy Rising
- Star Trails Over Kitt Peak