The Big Picture Hubble Advent Calendar
They fine folks at the Boston Globe are doing another Hubble Space Telescope Advent Calendar. It started yesterday will feature a different Hubble image each day until December 25th. Here is the first image
This is NGC 2818, a planetary nebula. It is star that ended its life and shed off its outer layers. Our Sun will end its life as a planetary nebula.
Be sure to check back each day for the new picture.
No comments yet.
Leave a Reply
- Coke Commercials Go South (of the equator, that is)
- A Spotty Sunset
- Comet PanSTARRS and the Andromeda Galaxy
- A Sun Pillar From Tucson
- Comet Lemmon
- Sunset and Moonset in Chile
- Comet PanSTARRS Gets Brighter
- Comet Pan-STARRS Finally Enters the Evening Sky!
- The Moon Joins the Mercury-Mars Party
- The Mercury-Mars Conjunction
- A Couple of Planets and the ISS
- The Winter Sky