Another Galileoscope Video
I just got back in from a short session with the Galileoscope. I put a webcam on the back and took a couple of videos of the Moon. here is my favorite.
The Moon is near full again as it was for my previous session (purely coincidental…I want to try this near first quarter!) which means you don’t get lots of nice shadows from mountains and craters. I wish Youtube would do a better job of processing the video as some neat features are more prominent in the original. I want to point out the three craters at the top of the Moon near the end of the video. Look closely on the bottom one and you can see its central peak!
Remember to order your Galileoscope!
3 Comments »
Leave a Reply
- Coke Commercials Go South (of the equator, that is)
- A Spotty Sunset
- Comet PanSTARRS and the Andromeda Galaxy
- A Sun Pillar From Tucson
- Comet Lemmon
- Sunset and Moonset in Chile
- Comet PanSTARRS Gets Brighter
- Comet Pan-STARRS Finally Enters the Evening Sky!
- The Moon Joins the Mercury-Mars Party
- The Mercury-Mars Conjunction
- A Couple of Planets and the ISS
- The Winter Sky